Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week 4: Sacred Heart Bellingham & St. Anthony's- Sunday

On the first day... it felt good to be back after a year, I'm so excited to meet new people not just from the other parish but the people I haven't gotten to know from St.Anthony's. And I'm really excited to work with the migrant workers and play with the kids at the migrant camps. Being back for an 8th or 9th year of Agape makes it feel like coming home. I can't wait to see what this week holds, in the me activities but new experiences. This is one of my favorite ways to grow in faith; by serving. Thank you God for the chance to help others and make a difference in others' lives. Let's have a great and fun week!

           - Jessa Delosreyes : St.Anthony's/St.Theresa's

This week at Agape, we are focusing on The Corporeal Works of Mercy.
 Today, we covered the two works: Bury the Dead, and Visit the Sick. A core team member explained that in our case, to Bury the Dead means to bury thoughts thinking that migrants are lower than us, or somehow people to be avoided. And to Visit the Sick means to visit people that have been forgotten or ignored.
I can't wait to see what we will do tomorrow! I have really enjoyed being with, and meeting new friends from different parishes. I hope to help relieve some of the work load of the migrants later this week.
             -Ellen Nichols: Sacred Heart




No comments:

Post a Comment