Sunday, July 29, 2018

Week 5: St. Anthony's and St. Theresa's - Sunday


My name is Chloe and I go to St. Theresa's church, I currently am a junior in high school and this is my 4th year participating in the Agape service project. Since I've been here before, I already do have an idea of what I'll be doing this week. I am already very excited of what lies ahead of me this week and I am very eager to get started. Today we loaded in donations to the Agape food bank and we got to meet everyone, we played a couple ice breakers and then sat down for one of our first lessons. We learned several things such as the gifts of the holy spirit and more. We are just starting to get to know everyone but I am sure that by the end of the week the parishes will be become close and act just like family. I can't wait to serve others in God's name!

Hi guys! My name is Ethan and I am a member of St. Anthony's Parish. I am going to be a freshman in high school and this will be my 1st year in the Agape public service project. My Agape story begins at my church, as the group I am travelling with departs for Bellingham. The long, tedious car ride prepares me for the week to come. When we met our destination at Sacred Heart Parish, we met the other parish of which we would be spending the week with, and got to know each other with many fun icebreaker games. After, we sat down for the first reflection, participating in prayer, meditation, and other actions that brought us closer to our Catholic religion and God. Our new family learned of what was to come, and was shown the ropes of Agape. I will go to sleep tonight ready for the coming week and the opportunity to serve others worse off than I am. I am so ready!

This is one of our Agape groups deciding on a name and chant that will represent their group.

No comments:

Post a Comment