Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 3: Eastside Catholic & Our Lady of Fatima & St. Mary Anacortes-Monday


One of today's group at Haggen

       Hello, my name is Allie Treacy (co-written by Ellery Norton.) Today, was packed full of experiences that will shape us through out the week (and probably life ;)). Some memories will last a long time, like a girl i met at the migrant camp. She came galloping up to me and hugged onto my side as if we were old friends, the she demanded "Give me a piggy ride!" She jumped on my back and ordered, "Run to the playground and jump the small white fence." i tried. The afternoon was spent with "piggy rides," swinging, and making lanyards My friend Ellery told me after we left, "At one point I was playing  soccer, me being a defender took the ball from a unusually small eight year old, To which he responded, "Why would you steel the ball from a little kid!?". My face said it all, but its okay we laughed about it later."
      Later after a quick break our group broke off and we all went tabling at different stores, there were plenty of kind people, but there were a few people who were kind of rude. However, there was one lady who really stood out to me, she listened patiently to our speech about where the food was going and who was benefiting from it and when she came out of the store she had two bags of food and baby supplies and she left, she gave us all hugs and said we inspired her for the future. We left with our carts and our hearts full!!
     Once we returned to Sacred Heart everyone helped store the food and then quickly filed inside ready for our food, as it had been a long day and all we wanted to do was eat and then fall right asleep!!!
   

Thank you for your donations today! Check back here on Wednesday to see how many families we were able to serve with your help. - Agape Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment