Thursday, July 19, 2012

7/19 ST. JOHNS BRO!

There was a funeral today so we actually wake up and move to a different church near by. It was nice to have a different setting. After we ate breakfast we watched an inspiring video called, Dying to Live. Dying to Live showed the struggles of making the journey crossing the border from Mexico to the U.S. Honestly, I've seen the video before so it wasn't anything new, but I was able to experience the video in a different way. Next we went to church, it was a short and sweet service. The Gospel was from the book of Mark. It was about yokes, but the underline meaning was "my yoke is easy, and my burden is light". I swear every year we hear this Gospel at Agape. After mass, we enjoyed walking door to door putting fliers in the door jam, mentioning that there is going to  be a food drive collection next week.  This was my favorite job because I did not have to speak to any living person:). We came back and ate some delicious left over tacos and sandwiches. After which we departed to the aquatic center where we could swim and finally take showers. The part of the day i was looking forward to most, sunrise. Being able to see the kids one last was a great way to end this week. playing soccer with them and dodge ball was amazing. I know this entry is kinda short, but they are attempting to start affirmations so... 
-Giraffe and Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment