Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our Lady of Fatima Day 3


Today I worked on a farm. First, I weeded squashes like a pro, next I harvested zucchini, then I watered lots of tomatoes and peppers. Whilst I was weeding squashes, I made a beetle friend. I named him Jerrard. Unfortunately, the farmer squished Jerrard on accident. Gianna and I were the best watering squad ever.  After that, I weeded onions. It was scorching and I thought I was going to catch on fire. We went for 15 minute showers at the YMCA, and I feel so clean! Next we went to a  Market to buy our dinner. My family had three people and we got $4.50 for our dinner. We bought Chef Boyardee and a pizza. After that, we came home and cooked our food. Then we went to a migrant camp and played with the kids. All in all, it was a really fun and rewarding day. 

Sara and Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment