Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Week 6: St. Catherine's and St. Joseph's - Tuesday

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not even close to being a morning person, so when I had to wake up at 4:45 this morning, I wasn't happy. But then we ate breakfast and loaded into our cars and buses and made our way to the three farms we would be working at. We helped weed strawberry plants and bag herbs for the migrant community. I also learned that a lot of workers are in the fields from 8:00 in the morning to 10:00 at night. This made me realize how lucky I am that this isn't my daily routine, and that I get to have fun instead of working my entire day. I also felt lucky that I got to experience this, because it made me feel like I could understand what they go through better than I could yesterday.
-Allie Pettijohn     


Today we took on the role of being a worker in the fields. It was a very moving day not only to see what they do but to feel it. Fingers were sore only an hour in and backs were aching from the start. This made me have so much more sympathy for the workers now that I know what an everyday life is like. I am very happy that Agape gave me this chance. 

-Kathryn Gibbons




No comments:

Post a Comment