Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Week 5: Holy Redeemer - Tuesday

Today was an amazing day. I feel like the VBS group had a lot of fun. All the children were so happy when we brought lunch for them they even could not finish their food and were saving it for later when we take for granted all the food we have. My group for dinner got $5.00 and we got beans, rice, and corn tortillas. It tasted amazing cuz we were starving. - Evelyn Kohler


Today was crazy in the best way possible. It was probably the most action packed 14 hour day I've had all summer. But one of the highlights I had today was at the Sunrise migrant camp. We visited this camp yesterday and met all of the children then, but today they greeted us like we were cousins they could not wait to hang out with. My "buddy" clung to me for our time at the camp. We painted each others' faces, painted nails, even got soaked with water balloons. But my favorite part was the nicknames we gave each other: Dora for her, and 'mochila' for me. I am the backpack to her Dora, and I know I'll miss her dearly when it comes time to leave, but I'll never forget her:) -Jordan Griffin





No comments:

Post a Comment