Thursday, July 13, 2017

Week 3:Sacred Heart Bellingham - Thursday

Adria: All though I could only attend three days of agape I enjoyed the experience very much. The children and teens at Sun Rise even though they had hardly any materialistic things to claim they were so welcoming to me today since it was my first day meeting them. It was sad having to say goodbye to the children after playing dodge ball with them and pushing them on the swings but the sadness started to fade away slowly as we had a giant ice cream/dance party.

Manny: I had a great time at camp today.I have learned to appreciate the migrant families and kid of our community a lot more an all the work they do in agriculture that provides fresh produce for our families.

Nathan: i had a great day  today and enjoyed all of it. i had an espescially great time playing with a boy i met and i was very sad because when i told him that i had to go he cried. i also learned how hard it is for migrants.

Makena:     Today was very impactful for me at the migrant camp. I will never forget the experience i had playing with the kids. The two little girls i played with were sisters and they showed me through their actions that you dont need anything to be happy. they had so little materialistically but they were happy no matter what. You dont need nice clothes or the latest game to be happy, its all about your attitude. I am so thankful for those girls.

Abby: today we went swimming and went to church


Marie: I will never forget the friends I made at the migrant camp.  It was fun to give them piggy back rides and most of all I'm glad they got to be kids again for that short amount of time.  It was an experience that I will always carry with me for the rest of my life.

Alec: Today we celebrated for the service we did and had a chance to connect with the migrant children. Agape was an amazing, insightful experience that I will always hold dear to my heart.

Emeleah: Today was the best we went to the pool and had a great splash and we went to sunrise camp which was the best part I made things for two kids and gave one of them piggy back rides and we ate food together and she made me things to. I believe this was my favorite thing in the whole week and I will remember this forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment