Monday, June 30, 2014

Week Two: Monday

Today we experience the life migrant workers live. The task of waking up at 5 a.m doing farm work for 3 hours was very hard, it was nothing we were all used to, but in the end it was worth it and we all noticed how lucky we were to have the things that our parents gave and provide for us. After working we were only given an average of 5.50 dollars and expected to get a full meal with my family. It worked because we paid attention to what we were buying, we took a quick shower, and made our way back to church.

- Joseph, Rebekah, and Gabby



Today, we lived the life as a migrant. I often say, "I'm living the dream." But today... I was not feeling like it. I'm tired, sore, and I'm a little sick. But, the thing is... for these migrants... this is the dream. They work on these farms, working long days and nights, so that they can make a little bit of pay in hopes of a better life. This is their dream. Often times, I take life for granted. Often times, I feel entitled to have a job of a certain esteem or some things I deserve to have, but working in the farms, making a meal with practically no money, and seeing the life of these migrants families... It really helps me to remember what my dream is... To love the Lord with all my existence.

Peace be with you,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment