Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cross Continental Agape

My name is Maria I am a senior at Western Washington University. Today marks the first day in the season of giving for the Agape Service Project. The last two summers, I was one of the directors for Agape and this is my first time being a participant. I am very excited to see how God will work in my heart this year, especially since I'll be participating and interacting with the families in a different capacity. I will no longer be worried about the time, or wheather everyone is doing what they are supposed to do. This year, I can focus on being in the moment and seeing God through everyone who I interact with.
I choose to do Agape because I choose to serve Christ. A week from Tuesday I will be traveling to Senegal for almost six  months to serve Senegalese kids at an elementary school. This is a new adventrue for me and I know Jesus will teach me so many things. My greatest hope for this week of Agape is that Christ may preapare my heart to serve in Senegal. I want to be able to see migrant workers and the people who come through our foodbank this Wednesday with nothing but love, so that in Senegal when I am faced with many barriers, such as a different language and an unkown culture, I am able to communicate with them through love.
Reflecting on the Agape love that God has for us, the sacrificial, selfless love that He shared with us when He died for us, I realized that is the love that He wants us to share with others. I don't know about you, but there aren't many people I would die for. But Jesus died for every single one of us, not just the people who love Him, but also those who chose to dispise Him or ignore Him. He died for migrant workers and Senegalese people. He died for you and me. It is our responsibility to share that love with others, so that they may know just how much He loves them. In this way we will change the world.

--Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment