Friday, June 23, 2017

Week 1: MQP - Thursday

Thursday was very fun due to us sort of having a party, but I also felt very at peace when we went over to the Church to pray in silence for about 20 minutes. I felt like I was separated from the world and was completely stress free. And I didn't care about what I was going to do after, and I was just in the moment. Next we went swimming with all of the people from our church, and had so much fun! After we went swimming, we then went to sunrise camp to have a barbecue with of the migrant worker families. Which was really enjoyable because we played for a couple hours then ate. But before we ate, there was this one boy (Xavier) who unraveled an entire roll of string, to that string, and started to wrap people with it. And he was just the high of my day because he was just so adorable. So in the end, Thursday was one of my favorite days because it was impactful and very fun!

~Dominick Schulz

Today we celebrated the good works we had done this week. Today, we opened with a Divine Mercy Chaplet. Immediately following, we discussed ways we would act on what we learned this week regarding the plight of the migrant farming community. We then prayed in reflective silence in Sacred Heart. After that, we headed over to the local aquatic center to celebrate and shower before heading off to the migrant camp to have a barbecue and say our goodbyes. I had made a friend, an 8-year-old boy named Kenny, and we had really grown close over the last week. It broke my heart to say goodbye, but I am confident that we will meet again next year. We then closed out the night with various antics at the social hall as we spent our last night together.

~Luke Wall



No comments:

Post a Comment