Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 7: St. Joseph's & St. Gabriel's- Monday

Today half of us put on red bands to symbolize a sort of segregation aspect. The people with red bands were treated worse than those without wrist bands. Those without wrist bands did a picture scavenger hunt and played some games. Meanwhile, those with red wrist bands made our lunch and cleaned the kitchen. To be completely honest, I didn't even notice the difference until halfway through lunch. It showed how some people (me in this case) can be oblivious to how others around us are being treated. After lunch, we went to the migrant camp. I got to meet tons of adorable children who enjoyed our company. One child in particular caught my eye. His name is Domingo. He is three years old and very shy. He mostly just stood in the corner watching others hang out. I tried to get him to open up and talk to us, but he was too shy. Although when we left, he gave me a big hug. So, obviously I did something right. That moment was the highlight of my day and I can't wait to visit him again. When we finished at the camp, we went to a local Haggen and asked for item donations. There were a lot of people who said "no", "no thank you", or just ignored us altogether. But it was so nice to see a lot of people give so generously to us. 

                                                                                                               ~Kat and Jeremy


Thank you for your donations today! Check back Wednesday to see how many families we serve at our food bank!
-The Agape Staff




No comments:

Post a Comment