Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 7: St. Theresa & St. Joseph- Sunday

Today was the first day of our Agape mission trip. It hasn't really changed one bit since the last time I went which was 4 years ago. I'm really excited for this week, to serve so many people, to make new friends, and to grow in my faith and closer to God, to be in solidarity with all the migrant workers. I love using the Beatitudes as our theme, it is one of those things we're living by, it makes your life so much better and so much more full. This week will definitely give me the chance to share my gifts and talents and use them to make other's lives better, to serve the Jesus in all of the people I will encounter. Can't wait to come back and share with all of you my experience this week. :D

Today was a pretty good first day for me. This is my second year in a row going to Agape, and I'm feeling pretty excited and prepared, knowing what to expect. Today we started with fun icebreaker activities, just like last year. I think I will have a better attitude and be more willing to grow closer to God after having done Agape before. I am very excited to do all the fun activities that I did last year again. This week I hope to achieve an even greater understanding of the hardships migrant workers face. I hope to get to know everyone, and not be afraid to go out of my comfort zone. I am confident that this week will be very fun, impactful, and enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment